Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Everything is better in pink!

My baby girl loves pink.  She swears by it.  It makes her heart skip a beat... hot pink especially.  I, on the other hand, prefer red.  I'm a Leo, born in July, and it's a fire sign.  So it's no accident that red, yellow and orange are my favorite colors.  


A couple of days ago, on the way to my daughter's acting class (which she will tell you she's not teaching herself so as not to make the teacher feel bad) we had a favorite colors conversation:
AC:  "Everything is better in pink!"  
Me:  "Pink is a gorgeous color"
AC:  "Momma, why is red your favorite color?"
Me:  "Well, red makes me feel strong and beautiful all at once."
AC:  "...but pink is so happy!"  "Besides, there are LOTS of shades of pink.  Red only has one color."
Me:  "You have a good point and I really love that you know what you like.  It's not that I don't like pink; I do.  It's just that red has always been my favorite."
AC:  "OK momma, close your eyes and think of red, ready?".  
Me:  "Ready!"
AC:  "Now, think of red with pink all over.   You see momma?  EVERYTHING is better with pink!"
I love that she didn't give up.  I love that she believes in HER color.  I love that she is trying to persuade me to love pink too.  But most of all, I love that we get to have these conversations, and I love this life of pink and red! 

No comments:

Post a Comment